The PID Controller
I built again the model with two propellers and used the WindMill Robo Pro project file shared by winijenh in his post.
It works like a charm.
I didn't go into the Kalman filter specifics. However, I looked deeper into the PID controller. I used the manual tuning method (reference):
Too high values for Kp, Ki and Kd cause instability. Don't hesitate to decrease them.
The different sets of values I obtained for a good stability are :
Because Ki hasn't a big impact, I suggest this modified approach:
The attached file is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.